Four main products have been developed using the base NETGIS technology.
Desktop CAD and GIS Solution
Web Application Development Solution
The Virtual Globe Solution
The products are referred as 'NETGIS Platform' on this document.
Netcad GIS is one of the primary products in the world in terms of OGC compatibility. Netcad GIS holds all four certificates prescribed in "e-Transformation Turkey Project, Interoperability Guide".
||Web Map Service |
||Web Feature Service |
||Web Coverage Service |
||Catalog Service |
||Simple Features for SQL |
Thanks to these certificates, maps, vector data, raster data and metadata can be shared without any compatibility issues. Interoperability is one of the most important criteria for Netcad.
Netcad GIS has moved further ahead of OGC on interoperability issues and developed connection and data sharing solutions for different platforms. Thanks to these solutions, ArcGIS desktop products can easily share data through the NETGIS Server. A data modification by a Netcad user can easily be viewed by an ArcGIS user and a modification by an ArcGIS user can easily be viewed by a Netcad user. Thanks to these capability; NETGIS Server, is the number one candidate as a central data server for GIS applications.
Database Management System Independence
Netcad GIS maintains geographical data and attributes in a Database Management System. Solutions are independent of the database vendor whose product is being used. In other words, the same functionalities will be available for Microsoft Access, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle and PostGIS. The volume of the work that is performed, needs and other limitations shall guide you in choosing a DBMS vendor. If your data needs change, you can switch to the use of another DBMS within Netcad GIS without any data loss or loss of capabilities, and without any added license fees.
With the database independence, you do not have to make needless investments in advance for a data volume and traffic that you think you will reach in 5 years. In addition, no upgrade charges need to be paid for DBMS for a period of 5 years. Some DBMS's do not have the geographical skills (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server 2003). In this case, the deficiency is remedied by Netcad GIS. If you are using a DBMS with geographical capabilities (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server 2008), this feature is directly supported. In certain cases, this leads to substantial savings in costs.
Netcad GIS products act exactly in the same way with each DBMS that is supported. Missing functionality are provided by Netcad GIS. DBMS is independent in the developed software. Software developers are provided access to DBMS independence and related other capabilities.
Netcad GIS is also successful in terms of performance. The test reports prepared by a university is attached.
Already Tested and Confirmed DBMS's;
||Spatial Capabilities |
|Microsoft SQL Server 2003
|Microsoft SQL Server 2008
|Microsoft SQL Server Express
|Oracle 9.x Spatial
|Oracle 10.x Spatial
Netcad GIS has the capability for 'Disconnected Editing'. Therefore, in those cases involving time consuming operations, no network access or where there is the risk for changes to the original data, or on mobile devices, it is still possible to make changes to data. The medium allocated for data organization can be locked and restricted to other users. Netcad GIS also enables, thanks to its conflict management feature, organization of the same field by more than one user.
• You have a central database. You keep all of your data in this database.
• You would like to integrate the data from the field.
• Therefore, you need to transfer this data to site teams.
• However, transferring all data to everyone/every laptop creates complicated problems in terms of security, capacity use, and the merging of data from multiple data sources.
• NETGIS Server Enterprise is used.
• Site area is selected and the relevant data is locally downloaded. The downloaded data is transferred to laptops before going to the site. The software used on-site (Netcas or other) and the data are combined. Missing parts are completed.
• Back in the office, the data organized on-site is uploaded to the server. The relevant area is versioned.
Upon request, integration of the data that was sent back can be continued in the next day and then can be re-sent to the server. This cycle does not have any drawbacks. Each phase is monitored. With additional software that is to be developed later, it is possible to report the modifications in versions and carry out performance or success tests.
• You work in a municipality. You have a central database where all of your data is stored.
• You have parcel data that is continuously updated (e.g. allotments and amalgamations).
• You receive this data from contractors with modification design documents. You would like to update this data conveniently in the head office after committee approvals and registrations.
• NETGIS Server Enterprise is used.
• A standard is determined for incoming data. Everyone acts in compliance with this standard. NETMAP solution provides this standard for cadastral works.
The incoming data is stored. It is sent directly after the committee and registration procedures have been completed.